Black Friday is one of the biggest shopping days of the year - with it’s roots in the USA, Black Friday is held on the first Friday after thanksgiving when retailers slash prices in the run up to Christmas.
I think last year was the most manic I’ve seen Black Friday be in the UK - remember the ASDA riots?! I tend to do the majority of my shopping online, with an array of sites open at the same time trying to grab the best bargain, so I was delighted when TNT Direct sent me one of their #LittleBlackBoxes to get me in the shopping mood.
The box contained a variety of black products, my 5 favourites were:
- A Moleskin Notebook - essential for any blogger (which I took on holiday with me to Copenhagen), I think a simple black notebook can make you look a lot more professional and this one was super lightweight which was great for hand luggage only travels.
- Barry M Lipstick - I gave this a go, ended up looking pretty gothic (perfect for Halloween next year!)
- Tea Lights - lovely for the cold Winter nights
- Barry M Nail Varnish - I’ve got my nails manicured already, so I haven’t been able to try this one out yet, but I’ve always been a fan of this brand
- A Rose Pen - not the most practical, but oh so cute
- Liquorice - my Mum ate this before I could take photos!
- 100% Gold Chocolate - I tried a little nibble of this but as it’s pure dark chocolate it was very bitter, so I am going to use it in cooking!
- Coffee - I don’t actually like coffee, but I saw this brand Little Coffee Bag Co. on the Dragons Den
Will you be doing any Black Friday shopping this year? I've already seen a lot of companies piling on the discounts early. I've got my eye on some new make-up brushes, and a nice Winter coat.
P.S. I'm not on SnapChat: liz.holiday